Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Saturday 1 December 2012

Arcane Eye, Cogblade Raptor & the Nexus Whelpling!

This post, incase you haven't guessed already, is about me capturing the Arcane EyeCogblade Raptor and the Nexus Whelpling. Yet again I've been short on time and haven't got much done in-game. I have just started a temporary Christmas job that involves me working nights. Despite this impacting on my play time I'm hoping that it will have a silver lining and that it will increase my chances of getting more elusive pets (i.e. Minfernal and the Scourged Whelpling) after server restarts as I'll just be getting home. But we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, last night (Saturday) I was online for about 3 hours. I started of on my mage portaling my way around looking for pets to capture. As usual no sign of Minfernal so I headed to Deadwind Pass in search of the Arcane Eye. I completed the pet battle daily and found an eye on top of Karazhan, poor quality.


With my Arcane Eye, Karazhan.
 
I then portaled to Shattrath City, Outlands and went north straight away in search of the Cogblade Raptor. I had read that whilst the tool tip suggests Toshley's Station, Scalewing Shelf to the east is also a good spot. I circled alround the shelf before returning to Toshley's to find a single raptor and two more spawning. I captured the first one, poor quality.

Scalewing Shelf - blue part.
 
Scalewing Shelf - red part.
 
Looking down at Toshley's Station.
 
With my Cogblade Raptor just outside of Toshley's.
 
I then portaled to Dalaran Northrend and set about finding the Scourged Whelplin, Emerald Proto-Whelp and the Nexus Whelpling. With their being no sign of any I left my mage in Coldarra and did a bit more leveling on my hunter.

Krasari Falls, Krasarang Wilds.
 
Stoneplow Fields, Valley of the Four Winds.
 
Paoquan Hollow, Valley of the Four Winds.
 
Soon it was time for me to go to work but I decided to quickly log my mage. I had left her just below the flightpoint at the Transitus Shield (Coldarra, Borean Tundra) and to my surprise there was a Nexus Whelpling right in front of me. I captured it, uncommon, and flew about to see if any others had spawned. There were a few in the area and no sign of any other pet collectors. Looks like I logged in at the right time!

Nexus Whelpling, Coldarra, Borean Tundra.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment