Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Tuesday 4 December 2012

More Pets...

After capturing my Minfernal on Sunday (link) I seem to have had some luck concerning the capture of battle pets. Considering that my play time has been limited due to work I've managed to tick a few off of my list of "must haves". As previously mentioned, the recent Patch (5.1) introduced both new wild pets and pets that drop from old raid bosses - and these pets have been on my list.

Since Sunday I have captured the following: Infinite Whelpling, Mini Mindslayer, Emerald Proto-Whelp and the Darkmoon Glowfly. I also saw Harbringer of Flame drop but lost the roll.

I found my Infinite Whelpling just outside the Caverns of Time. There was just the one and the capture was fairly simple. Once I'd won the battle and phased back out someone else had just appeared and was flying around presumably in search for one of these guys. I'm really impressed with how these guys look and their symbol.


Outside the Caverns of Time with my Infinite Whelpling.
 
 
 After capturing the Infinite Whelpling I headed to the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj where me and the boyf made a start on killing bosses. We were lucky enough to get the Mini Mindslayer drop from The Prophet Skeram. We didn't get any other pets from here but atleast I know where I'm going now as I'd never been here before.

With my Mini Mindslayer in A'Q.

The Emerald Proto-Whelp is another new wild pet that spawns in the Savage Thicket, Sholazar Basin. Previously when on my rounds looking for pets this place had been quite heavily camped by other collectors. However, when I flew over last night I saw no-one else but atleast 3 whelps had spawned. I set about capturing one (uncommon) and then two other lucky people took the others. Again, this whelp looks very cool and would look brilliant alongside Green Proto-Drake which I don't have.


Emerald Proto-Whelp in the Savage Thicket, SB.

 Also, the Darkmoon Faire is back in town - complete with a new carousel / merry-go-round. I had a quick ride, did the dailies and profession quests before going pet hunting. It didn't take me long to get the glowfly but I can't said I'm particularly impressed with its appearance. I'm definately more interested in the crow (which is no longer bugged) and the Darkmoon Eye. The Eye is a random chance drop from the Darkmoon Pet Supplies that you get for defeating Jeremy Feasel - Darkmoon Pet Battle! quest. I haven't yet defeated Jeremy Feasel, but one day...

Riding a Darkmoon Strider down to the Faire.
 
On the carousel!. Wahooo!

1 comment: