Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Monday 10 June 2013

Brawling in Bizmo's

I've finally gotten around to a bit of brawling and it was quite a mixed event. I purchased my Blood-Soaked Invitation some time ago, via the Black Market Auction House, for just over the starting price of 1,000G. Since then a lack of real time and I guess courage has meant that I haven't bothered taking part in any brawling myself.



Yesterday things changed and I finally had a reason to bother porting back to Stormwind - I'd fished up an Impeccably Sharp Tooth and another quest item that I can't remember what it was. Anyway, these items start quests for which you need to travel back to Bizmo's Brawlpub and for each one handed in you unlock Challenge Cards which count towards Collect Your Deck.

Proof I survived! You can just about see a dead Bruce.
I handed my two items in and was surprised to see only two brawler's present. I guess the hype of the Brawler's Guild has died down a little since I last went there. So, I seized the moment a put myself in the queue. I had a quick read of Perculia's Patch 5.3: Updated Brawler's Guild Guide before heading into the arena.

Bruce and Vian the Volatile weren't too tricky and I managed to defeat both first time. Goredome proved to be much trickier - he kicked Gary (my tanking pet's ass) and once Gary was a goner I fell victim to his Lumbering Charge. After a few unsuccessful attempts it was time for me to think about logging off. That said, whilst eating breakfast this morning it occurred to me that using my Direhorn pet to tank may work better as I could use Reflective Armor Plating to hopefully mitigate some of the damage.

I will certainly be going back to Bizmo's in the future!

 
I also got You Are Not Your $#*@! Legplates

8 comments:

  1. I've picked up a couple of those quests too and need to head back to Brawlers. I haven't been there since I hit rank level 1. I've picked up some much better PVE gear since I was first there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably wouldn't have gone back had I not got them. I want to get to level 1 this week and then go from there. Not sure how far I'll get though with my gear etc.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it fun? I love the Brawler's Guild! I still get really nervous when there are too many people around though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really enjoyed it. I totally agree, I couldn't do it in front of too big a crowd!

      Delete
  3. I bought my invite ages ago and have been too chicken to go. Maybe I'll go check it out again, last time I looked there were WAY too many people hanging around. Maybe the crowd has thinned out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! When it first arrived I used to go and watch & I now feel a little guilty for no doubt putting other people off. But I think most of the earlier brawlers were much more confident than us shyer folk :)

      Delete
  4. Never done it, but I know Mr B enjoys the challenge :D

    ReplyDelete