Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Thursday 3 October 2013

A Brief Update

For some time now I've known that I will be going on a secondment. This means that whilst I will be employed by the same organisation they are essentially lending me to another one for a set time period. There's been a few delays along the way which really haven't been ideal. My security checks have now cleared and I could be starting as early as the 14th October!

This is excellent news for my career and bank balance but I honestly don't know what affect this will have on both my in-game time and blogging. Because I'm starting ~2 months later than expected I could have a massive work load to get done but I'm hoping they'll either extend my contract beyond the initial end date (so it's the same duration as initially intended) or that my list of deliverables will be cut.

In terms of career development very few people at my career stage would be offered such an amazing opportuinty. I'm still not 100% clear on what exactly I will be doing other than it's data / database related (which is what I currently do). I went to London for a meeting yesterday which has given me a better understanding of the project as a whole but not necessarily my specific role. I guess I'll find out more when I start.

In-game I've been quite slack (as with blogging). The past few weeks have not been particularly plentiful in terms of spare gaming time. So I have a load of things I really want to get done before I start my secondment. This weekend I will hopefully be dedicating a fair chunk of my time to finishing things off and working on some in-game goals.

I really hope that this job won't impact on my play time too much. I'm hoping that if I get stricter with me time-keeping and scheduling that I will be able to balance things out. Only time will tell...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no I didn't mean to remove this! :( but thanks for the gratz!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and good luck with your placement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss having you around Jojo but that's so exciting! Congratulations =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is super exciting! I'll still be around & playing I hope, just not as much.

      Delete