Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Saturday 26 October 2013

Blogiversary Naming Competition

Today happens to be my first blogiversary. It seems crazy that a year ago today I made my first blog post. In the past year I've written 247 posts (this is my 248th) and taken part in various blogging community events - from taking screenshots to writing short stories to designing transmogs. But I think the most important thing is that I've had a lot of fun, made some awesome (of virtual) friends and have every intention of continuing to be an active blogger (provided I have the time).

For some time I've been thinking about how to celebrate my blogiversary and a while ago came up with a loose idea that I've now decided to go with...

I have a lot of un-named pets and I feel terrible for them! A few do have names, mostly the ones that I've received as gifts* etc. So, I was hoping that you, my blogging & twitter friends, might be able to help me out.

Below is a list of pets that I'd like to finally name. They are all my un-named favourite pets that I am either leveling currently or intend to level in the near future. The task is simple - pick a pet and name it. It can be a funny name or you could simply name it after yourself or character.

Alternatively if you have a specific pet in mind that's fine to - just check my Warcraft Pets collection or the armoury to see if I have the pet first and that it's not already named.

Just comment below (or tweet me) with the pet you have in mind and it's new name, a reason is optional.

I will endeavour to update the list as regularly as I can so that we don't get any naming clashes.

In terms of prizes every one that enters is a winner as you will get the pet named after your suggestion. Plus, I will be keeping an eye on the prices for TCG loot cards and seeing what I can get as prizes (I'll keep you posted on this).

The Naming Competition deadline is Saturday 2nd November 2013 - doesn't matter where you are in the world as I won't make any decisions until the Sunday/Monday.

* everyone is welcome to take part, even those I've named pets after.

Updated 02/11/2013 ~20:00hrs
 

25 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary hun! <3 :)
    Nice competition idea :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I thought it was something a bit different and it helps my nameless pets!

      Delete
  2. Happy happy blogiversary! Here's to more wonderful years of playing and blogging!

    Father Winter's Helper should be named "Hermey", after the elf in "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" who wants to be a dentist instead of making toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Aww I love the name Hermey. I've never seen that film but I imagine an elf wanting to be a dentisit is quite controversial. I'll keep an eye out over Christmas as it might be on tv.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary, may you have many more. Hmm ... most of mine don't have names either. I have one! I'd name Rapana Whelk Tenacious W because if he's like mine he just won't go down. He never gives up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tome. The Rapana Whelk is quite a tenacious little guy I agree - never gives up and he's a handy mix of critter & aquatic.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Names... well I like names that are a little bit bad punny. What I've got is calling the crow Eat. It's Eat crow! I'm a bit silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like 'Eat', it's different and I wouldnt have thought of it myself :)

      Delete
  5. I nominate the Giraffe to be Melman or Melman Jnr, from Madagascar :) My birthday is the 2nd Nov so I'm entering now so I don't forget :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melman!!! He's my fave in Madagascar :) it's my sisters birthday on the 2nd too, happy birthday for then (I'll try & catch you in game too).

      Delete
  6. Happy blogiversary!

    Holy crap, 248 posts in a year? My second anniversary was this month and I only have 168 posts published, and most of them not nearly up to the quality of yours, I feel like a slacker now lol.

    I'd suggest a name but a.) I'm horrible with naming things and b.) I believe I'm already one of your pet's namesake :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric! I know, it's pretty crazy that I've been blogging a year. I've made quite a few posts but a fair chunk are screenshots etc. You need to blog more - stop with the uni work & go make some gold!!
      My Cinder Kitty is indeed named after you :) Well if you think of a name let me know... I was thinking Eric the Eel (not sure how famous he is in Canada) but I don't have an eel like pets. Maybe I should go hunt G'nathus.

      Delete
  7. Happy Blogiversary! Gosh a year already? Seems longer! What a cool competition!
    I think I would like to name your Magical Crawdad Sebastian, like the little crab who is the companion of the Little Mermaid Ariel (Disney Version)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'm going to name my crawdad that too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Navi! & that is one awesome name. I tried to name him Zoidberg but that's not allowed for some reason. Sebastian is suitably fitting though :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Blogiversary. I would like to suggest Scraps for your Stitched Pup because it always reminds of the Patchwork Girl in the Wizard of Oz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Ooh Scraps - I like it. I had a massive mental blank when I went to name the Stitched Pup but Scraps is nice & different.

      Delete
  9. Happy Blogiversary! Hardly any of my pets have names for some reason! I think you should call your Sea Pony Trevor. I like giving my pets human names, although I'm not sure why! Michael, Paul, Harry etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soco. Trevor is a wonderful name for my Sea Pony :) I think giving pets human names can be quite funny, especially after the video of the dog (Fenton) that went viral (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU) it's just the thought of people chasing their pets shouting human names that I love!

      Delete
  10. Tiny Harvester should be named "Sorrow" and you will make all the Metallica fans giggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good shout! I love the intro of Harvester of Sorrows but I'd never put the two together (ie the pet & song).

      Delete
  11. Heeeeeeey happy blogiversary! Hope there's many many more years to come!
    Well ALL my pets are named after existing or non-existing digimon, so I will share some of my names and hope you like some!

    My Alpine foxling is named Garurumon (sort of a fox-wolf digimon :) )
    Curious oracle hatchling is Gabumon (still can't decided what kind of animal he is, but they sorta go together xD)
    Sprite Darter hatchling is Piccolomon (he's a pixie-ish digimon, very tiny and cute!)
    Sinister Squashling is Pumpmon (yeah they both have pumpkin-heads :) )

    Those are some of my Digimons! Yeah they all end in mon, unlike Pokemon :) short for Monster as well.

    Also, name your Viscidus - Flubber! Like, the movie! :)

    Again, happy blogiversary and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I would never have considered naming my of my pets after digimon as I honestly had no clue what they were. But I've now done some research and can totally see how the two relate. I will be having a browse of all the digimon and looking for some to name other pets after. As for Flubber - it's another obvious name that I totally didn't think of :)

      Delete
  12. Happy Blogiversary!

    I know I''m too late for the competition but I wanted to add my 2c

    Terrible Turnip - Muriel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yayy a Muriel!! I believe my hunters first pet, the moth that Draenei start off with, is called Muriel-Moth :)

      Delete