Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Monday 14 April 2014

The Liebster Awards: Part 1

During my impromptu absence from blogging it seems a new craze happened - The Liebster Awards!



The Liebster Awards are given by bloggers to bloggers as a way of discovering new blogs (I think!). There's a lot of information over at Wording Well including details on the various rule-sets. It's lovely to know that not one, not two but three fellow bloggers are aware of my existence enough to nominate me, so thank you! And, well thank you to everyone that take's the time to read my ramblings.





1. What made you start playing World of Warcraft?


I started playing World of Warcraft originally on the boyfriends account as a way to waste some time whilst he was either in lectures at uni or busy with uni work. If I was at his house I generally didn't have much to do and being a lover of computer games already I decided why not try out WoW. Before long I was hooked and was spending more time on his account that he was so he got me my own account. The rest is history.

2. Some may be healthier than others, but what is your favorite snack to chomp on while gaming?

Recently I've been eating a lot of Schoko-Bons as they're in a lot of shops ready for Easter! Generally though I munch on chocolatey things or shortbread/biscuits.


3. Where do you draw inspiration for your blog topics?


Most of my rambling is inspired by what I've been up to in-game - from Friday Fun Runs and Sunday Flex to things like questing and rep grinds. I'm also a fan of community led things such as WoW Insider's Community Blog Topics and Blog Azeroth's shared topics. Occassionally I'll also do more opinion led things such as what I think of new character models etc.


4. What advice would you give to someone who wants to start blogging?


To not be afraid of commenting on other people's work! No matter how trivial or pointless you think your comment is if you remain a lurker no-one will know you exist... or that your blog does. And also, don't be disheartened if thing's start slow - better to develop a small loyal fan base than have hundreds of browsers (if you ask me).


5. What is your most treasured item in WoW?


Oooh this is tough!! I'm thinking of this from the point of what item could I not imagine being without... *thinks* Now the item I'm going to pick isn't rare or anything special but it's been with me for what feels like forever and I use it all the time! It's my hunters Black Bow of the Betrayer. You see I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to bows and I'm very picky about what I use for transmog (and I do like guns generally). I think to date I have only ever mogged to 2 different bows, the other being the Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix - which I only used temporarily before going back to the BBotB.





6. How do you balance your time between gaming and doing real life things?


Badly! I'm easily distracted and have the time management skills of a dead animal (or so the other half says). I tend to get home from work, eat, log into WoW and forget about all the house chores I should be doing. Recently work has been pretty mental too and 12-hour days has massively impacted my WoW time - but back to normal now!


7. If you are going to be playing during Warlords of Draenor, have you decided what character you're going to boost to level 90?


Nope. This is still a rather massive question for me and one I'm debating in my head most days. Do I boost an existing alt? If so, should I level them to 60 for the veterans bonus? But.. would that be a waste of a boost and should I boost from level 1 - 90? Or - do I go Horde? Would I play a Horde alt enough or would it be a waste? You get the picture.


8. Do your friends and family know about and read your blog, or do you hide it from them?


Erm well the other half knows and he attempts to blog from time to time. Most of my friends know I game and am fairly active in the community but they may not necessarily know I blog. And if they do they probably don't know what my blog's called. A few guildies know though and pop by every now and then to read me rage about them (just kidding!). 

In terms of my family - they're all pretty old school so computers are somewhat mysterious! Gaming's not on their radar and nor is blogging.

9. Out of all the world, dungeon, and raid bosses from Warcraft, who would you like to have dinner with and why?


Interesting *drums fingers on desk* got it - the Elite Tauren Chieftain!! I'm 100% sure if they class as a world, dungeon or raid boss but they're epic! I'd love to dine with either their virtual or real-life selves and be able to chat WoW with them.

Alternatively if the ETC were on tour, Raggy... as I could melt marshmallows on him as we chat :)

10. When you're not slinging spells or swords, what do you do? Schooling, work, hobbies, ect..


I'm currently on a secondment from my home organisation working for a gov't body that deals with natural things in England (you may or may not get what I'm trying to say!). I'm working as a data officer helping them out by creating databases, sorting their existing data, promoting the use of software such as EndNote etc. I'm essentially a data monkey despite having both an undergraduate degree and masters in Marine Biology I went on to work with data (not dolphins) and ended up where I am today.

My hobbies include gaming and blogging (obviously), crafty things like cross-stitch and crochet, being a massive Sci-Fi nerd and probably some other boring things.

11. If Blizzard decided that at the end of the day they were going to pull the plug on the Warcraft servers, where would you log your character out at?


Eek - I'd be very sad if this ever happened but I'm sure that een if I hadn't played WoW for years previously I'd return to make sure I parked my characters somewhere nice. I'd pick somewhere coastal overlooking the sea - Northern Stranglethorn or the Timeless Isle maybe.


Parts 2 and 3 to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking time to answer my questions! I loved all of your answers especially the part about roasting marshmallows on Ragnaros. I'm sure he wouldn't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & thank you for nominating me! I really enjoyed answering your questions :) Good ole Raggy!

      Delete