Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Wednesday 23 January 2013

20 Days of Gold Making: Day 4

Do you use a banker alt/guild? When did you start doing that & why?I started off storing items in my mains bank but soon it was full of random items. Some of these items were recipes/schematics/plans that I didn't want to get rid of thinking tht one day an alt could use them. The majority of it was materials (i.e. cloth) that again I didn't want to get rid of knowing that one day I would have an alt that was a tailor etc. Naturally, I am a hoarder and am reluctantly to bin most things and it seems this habit followed me to the vitual world.
 
In addition, I was getting fed up of hearthing back to city's just to access my bank or to use the AH to sell or buy some stuff. As a result I was generally using an alt to sit in Stormwind and wait for post to sell/auction. This worked fine until I wanted to play on said alt and moved them out of the city into the world.
 
As a result I made Bankingbob and my own private guild 'Bank of Jo' at the end of April 2012. I clearly wasn't feeling particularly creative with my naming when I did all this but oh well. Bob is my only male character and has a few times been misread as 'Bankingboob' which is quite amusing.
 
Bob's brilliant. He lives in the Dwarven District of Stormwind somewhere in between the bank and AH. He ferrys items between the two and the mail boxes located outside of each. It's so much easier to log over to him to purchase something or to send him some items to be sold or kept in the vault.
 
As mentioned above I'm a self-confessed hoarder and having my own guild vault has only served to increase the problem. I have 5 tabs for: mining related, cloth related, herb related, food & gems (odds go wherever theres room). If left unchecked I often end up spilling items over to other tabs which then messes up the system and is a pain. I now have regular clearouts and keep as little crap as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment