Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Oscar's Transmog: Star Wars

To celebrate her birthday Matty (of Sugar & Blood) is hosting an Oscars themed transmog contest aka Matty's Movie Mog Contest. The idea being to create transmog outfits for three characters from your favourite film.

I decided that I wanted to take part when I first saw Matty's post. Picking the movie was easy - I love Star Wars and probably a little top much. I have a collection of memorabilia worth thousands of pounds. I've attended numerous conventions and have been lucky enough to meet the likes of Mark Hamill, Kenny Baker, David Prowse, Peter Mayhew to name a few.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Initially I envisioned doing the iconic Princess Leia's slave girl look but couldn't make it 100% perfect. At this point I almost gave up on Star Wars and thought about doing LOTR - after all WoW has dwarves, elves and humans. But it just wasn't right and so I've battled through the MogIt catalogue to produce these:

Princess Leia - Hoth

 



Old Ben Kenobi
 
 

 Luke Skywalker - Pilot
 
 
  
Overall I am happy with all three of these transmog sets / ideas. I do wish I'd spent a little more time on them (I've been rather disorganised recently and didn't realise the deadline was tomorrow until yesterday) but having said that I'm not sure if I'd have found anything better.
 
I think the Luke Skywalker Pilot transmog is my favourite although it really is tough. You may have noticed I modelled Princess Leia's Hoth outfit (also seen during the kiss) on both a human and a dwarf. With the human model something wasn't right - the hair and I knew that dwarf females had a more suitable hairstyle hence two models.
 
Also, I've been trying to keep up with other people's ideas and have only seen one other Star Wars set so far - with all different characters to mine! There's been a few LOTR's ones and a couple of Snow White and the Huntsman. I'm sure Matty will link them all on her blog so keep an eye out.

11 comments:

  1. Dang! You did a really nice job with these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fab! The alternative outfits as luke in his pilot suit and leia in the white pants suit rather than her flowy dress, brilliant! Love em! Great job :)

    EDIT: would you believe your 'check im a robot test' before posting this comment had the number 1337 and the word was EMPIRE! MY GOD :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) how funny, blogger must be a fan of Star Wars too!!

      Delete
  3. That's superb work! Well done - I love the last one the most too, but I reckon all three are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice choice of movies. I also like the fact that you chose outfits other than the ones they're best known for. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do like to be a little bit different ;)

      Delete
  5. I was glad that you and Syrco didn't use the same Star wars characters - fate or just pure luck! Either way both of you guys did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look great! Princess Leia is amazing!

    ReplyDelete